Every Christmas our family tries to keep Advent at the center of Christmas. Advent allows us four weeks to prepare for the birth of baby Jesus, which we experience through Hope, Joy, Peace and Love. Here is our top 10 list of Advent activities that have become our tradition.
10. Set up a nativity scene in the living room and play with the figures.
9. Place our Advent wreath at our dinner table, take turns lighting the candle and reading the scripture.
8. Attend a Living Nativity at a local church, especially ones with animals.
7. Watch the Nativity Story on DVD (Breath of Heaven is the theme song).
6. Adopt a child or family from our church.
5. Prepare chocolate turtles for teachers and loved ones.
4. Read the Nutcracker at night and ponder simple gifts from years ago.
3. Host our extended family for Christmas Eve celebration.
2. Attend Christmas morning mass.
1. Enjoy our 5 children as they delight in the magic of Christmas.
Sending blessings to each of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You may also enjoy this post from Adiel Booker, as she has so many more ideas. http://adrielbooker.com/family-advent-activities-christmas-countdown-fun/